Hi everyone! Wow I can't believe it's already June! It seems like Just last week that my missions started and I'm already 2 months in. How crazy is that.
Still not a ton of rain. We're getting some sprinkling today which is the first precipitation I've seen for the last week. For some odd reason it's pretty warm and sunny up here, but not the same kind of sun that you can feel on your skin like in Utah. Makes me miss that feeling of sun on your skin! So enjoy it in Utah twice as much for me.I can't remember if I talked about this in my last blog, but we were on a street going towards a less active with a member with us, when these kids on the street asked if we wanted to play "keep away" with a basketball. We said sure, and ended up playing basketball with these kids on the street for a good 45 minutes. After we were done, Elder Kartchner rode one of the kid's skateboards and they ended up asking a lot of questions and seemed generally interested. We told them to talk to the mormon friends they had, since we couldn't really go and make them investigators because of their age. It was really cool to play basketball and get to know some more families of the neighborhood that came out to watch the Missionaries play ball with the kids around the neighborhood. Really fun!
Well I hope everyone is having a great week, especially with the warm heat in Utah. Sounds like fantastic weather!
Sincerely,
-Elder Miles
No comments:
Post a Comment