Monday, October 19, 2015

Hi everyone!
This last week was a really cool week. We went to the right places at the right times and were able to do some service for the area. We were biking along a road when a lady walked out to get her mail from her yard, and looked at us with this look like, Well how in the world did you get here right at this moment. Turns out they had just about reached their last straw with trying to get a chain-saw un-jammed from a large tree branch that had fallen down weeks ago. They asked for our help to get it out, and the first time they tried, I was wiggling the saw and they were sitting on the tree to get it out, and that didn't work. they didn't want us sitting on the tree of course. So then they were about it call it quits and send us on our way but I wanted to sit on the tree! So I asked, just to do it one more time, flip flopped. Well they said okay, I promised we had stain remover at the apartment, and we got it out! Then we shared our message with them and told them if they ever need more help they can waive us down. Then as we were driving to an investigator's house, there was a family trying to move a wood burning stove into their home, with a dolley and some difficulty. We offered to help and they said they didn't want us to get dirty, and man I was pretty tired of hearing that. Well needless to say we got them to let us help and with some black stains on my shirt we got the stove onto their porch and they got it in the rest of the way. We gave them a card and we were very happy we were able to help.
Last week I had the ponderizing scripture of 1 Nephi 3:7 " I will go and do...." Great scripture. God qualifies us to our callings and prepares a way that we can complete the tasks he asks us to do. Every commandment, God prepares a way for us to fulfill it, no matter what. I have felt the testimony of that as I learned Spanish out on the mission field, and I know that he loves us so much, that he prepares a way for us to be happy in this life and for eternity.
Have a great week! Hope the words of Conference are still echoing in your conscience. 

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment