Thursday, December 29, 2011

Texting isn't very helpful. Seriously.

I recently went to Moroni, the small city nearly an hour south of Pleasant Grove. I very much enjoy it there. I just sure hope I am much enjoyed there.  My friends down in Moroni always joke that when I leave the town, time stops until I return. I still don't believe them. But this visit, I went to a movie night and it was being hosted by someone that hadn't met me before. So we decided to do my hair a bit different, have me trade jackets with someone in our group, and totally pretend that I'm a German Exchange Student. They bought it. All two of them. Everyone else was in on the joke...... but it was still really funny. I acted really shy being a German that only understood simple English. It was really fun. We gave up on the joke after one of the people in on the whole thing made a Hitler joke, that may have been offensive to an actual German. Then everyone felt bad, and then 20 minutes later, he revealed the joke.
Moroni and the surrounding cities, are really small. I went to a stake activity comprised of 2 and a half cities of youth. There was around 30-40 people there. It looked really abandoned. Their High School is a High School for 7 different surrounding cities, and its barely the size of our Jr. High. They also do the whole 7-8 Middle school 9-12 High school thing. Where if your a freshman, you actually go to the High School. Whereas where I live, You actually go to the High school at Sophomore age. It really is crazy.

I've started to notice all my friends that have brothers on missions. They miss them so much, and want them back. Some count the days until their brother (or sister) is home...... It makes me think of my brother. He's leaving soon to Germany if you didn't know already, and seeing all my friends...... I wonder how much I'm gonna miss him. If I'm gonna break down in tears the night he leaves. If I'm gonna count the hours until he comes home. Which I probably will considering my brother. He was the brother that showed me the ropes growing up. Well, until he moved out....... but then he came back. so its all good. And now he is going on a mission........ It wouldn't be the first time that I cried when he left.

I've learned recently that texting is dumb. the messages you send can be taken so many different ways, that most of the time its hard to know what context your using certain words in. It is the worst way to have serious conversations, or to do really anything really. Seriously, next time I'm just gonna call someone to invite them to a party. Not just text them and hope they get what I'm saying and not take it the wrong way.

That's all for now. Congratulations if you just read all that! you get a hypothetical high five.

2 comments:

  1. you'll cry. don't worry.
    i still cry.
    but then you remember why they are gone and you stop.
    the second you remember they are serving the Lord, you feel so much gratitude, so much love, it's amazing. i miss my brother most at night because we used to talk all night, and it's sad. but when i remember why he is gone, i love him that much more. it certainly strengths your testimony to know they love the Gospel enough to sacrifice two years of their life; it's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lesson you have learned about texting is a sign of great maturity. And I won't think you weak if you cry. Crying is real. What more can we aspire to be than honestly real? Keep on keepin on! You got this!

    ReplyDelete