To new readers, Welcome to my blog! Please don't read past posts. You'll think I'm some kind of maniac. To old readers, Welcome back! Sorry I haven't posted in a while.
Well after seeing another friend's blog today, I've decided to post on mine again. Since I haven't in a while.Well I was in the play Beauty and the Beast at the High School. I was the bad guy, Monsiour Darque. (Misour Dark) The insane asylum keeper. It was fun to be in a musical again! I do miss singing and choir and such....
I just barely got into another play at our high school. We're doing Hamlet, and I get to be the bad guy again, who is King Claudius. Great guy really, he just wanted to re-unite with his High School sweet-heart. Whats wrong with that? Besides the whole murder part? Besides, I think Hamlet is just angry that his Mom re-married. :D
In Musical terms, I prepared and played a 4 mallet Marimba solo for Percussion Regionals, and made state!! I'm pretty happy about it! And tomorrow at 6:45 AM bright and early, I get to go to Juan Diego High School and play it again for the Percussion Arts Society (day of percussion). We'll see how I rank with that. I'm getting more blisters and cuts from the 4 mallet technique, but that's OK, I'm pretty sure its worth it.
In programming terms nothing really has passed. I'm still learning C++, and because of the play I don't have a lot of extra time to code.
In any other terms, nothing. Because there are no other terms. Just acting, music, and school. I'm hoping summer will be a lot less frantic and busy, but you never know I guess.
I feel bad for making you read all this just for fun.... Here, I'll see if I can whip something fictional up so as not to waste your time. But to be honest, you should just stop reading now if you're that worried about wasting your time.
(story opening from the "Once upon a time" up until "...as we want it." was sto- er, borrowed from a friend of mine, Laurn Mcintosh. The story won't be as good as she intended it to with the story opener, but hey I might as well try writing sometimes.)
Once a upon a time. We read it when we were young and it always seemed
to end with "and they lived happily ever after." This story might be a
"once upon a time" story, but not one with a happily ever after. It's
called reality not a fairy tale. As much as we may wish it were, it never ends up exactly as we want it. Especially my life, which somehow, never ends up the right side up.
Especially this particular spring morning, at which I woke up past my alarm. Again. Another unexcused tardy, more attendance school, just more fuss. Maybe one day I'll wake up on time...
I lazily got out of bed and stepped across the mine-field of my room. The floor was littered with dirty socks and used shirts. His Mom never liked the look of his room, but he always thought it was easier to find something if its strewn across the floor. He picked up his old club soccer shirt and eventually found the rest of the outfit he was going to wear. Blue jeans, mis-matching colored socks, and an iron-chef hoodie he found at a garage sale once. He stumbled out to his car in the warm spring air, and tried starting it. A sputtering sound..... annd...... nothing. Looks like he's walking.
Once again, its a fictional story. (Rebekah Walker!)
-Andrew
Your car died?! That's a tragedy. Congrats on Hamlet and State Solo and all! :D
ReplyDeleteFunny story :) One thing...you just plagiarized me! I wrote the story opening on my blog ;) Woah...not cool Andrew haha
ReplyDeleteRebekah its not a true story. Lauren I'm sorry!! I didn't even think about it.... I'm soooorry!!
ReplyDelete